Red Velvet Hot Chocolate with Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, 2 cups heavy cream, vinegar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Simmer over medium heat, whisking until smooth. Add red food coloring and salt and heat through.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly beat in remaining vanilla and remaining heavy cream for about 3 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- Pour hot chocolate into glass and top with whipped cream. Garnish with candy canes or desired holiday candies.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen