- Using a coffee grinder, process the coffee beans to a fine grind. Reserve 1½ tablespoons. Place the remaining ground coffee into a medium saucepan.
- Add the almond milk to the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chocolate syrup and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Strain the mixture into a heat-resistant pitcher, discard grounds. Chill the milk for 2 hours or until cold.
- Evenly divide the milk into eight 8-ounce serving glasses. Top with whipped dairy topping, stir to create a froth. Garnish with the chocolate shavings and reserved ground coffee.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen