Baked Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Introducing the delightful baked carrot cake oatmeal, a recipe that will bring warmth and comfort to your mornings. This wholesome dish combines the goodness of carrots, oats, raisins and walnuts, all baked to perfection with a touch of sweetness. With a cream cheese glaze drizzled on top, it's a breakfast treat that will surely brighten your day.
To start, preheat your oven to 350° and generously coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. This ensures that the baked oatmeal comes out easily without sticking.
In a large bowl, combine the old-fashioned oats, raisins, chopped walnuts, ground cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Give it a good stir, allowing the flavors to mingle.
In another large bowl, mix the shredded carrots, drained crushed pineapple, large eggs, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, honey and vanilla extract. This creates a mixture that adds moisture and sweetness to the oatmeal.
Now, it's time to bring the two together. Gently pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until everything is well combined. The vibrant orange hues of the carrots peeking through the oats create a visually appealing dish.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan, spreading it out evenly. Slide the pan into the preheated oven and let the magic happen. Bake for around 35 to 40 minutes until the oatmeal is set and a golden crust forms on top. The enticing aroma of warm cinnamon and sweet carrots will fill your kitchen, creating an inviting atmosphere.
While the oatmeal bakes, prepare the cream cheese glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the room-temperature cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Gradually whisk in unsweetened vanilla almond milk, creating a silky glaze that adds a tangy touch to the sweetness of the oatmeal.
Once the oatmeal is out of the oven and slightly cooled, it's time to serve. Cut into generous squares and drizzle each portion with the creamy glaze. The smooth cream cheese and powdered sugar mingle with the warm oatmeal, creating a harmonious blend of flavors and textures.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together carrots, pineapple, eggs, almond milk, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until combined. Pour into baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until set.
- For the cream cheese glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Slowly whisk in almond milk until combined. Set aside.
- Serve baked oatmeal drizzled with cream cheese glaze.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen
Recipes that are Better For You
These recipes are healthier options, crafted with ingredients that are naturally lower in sodium, fat or sugar than traditional recipes.