10 minutes plus 6-7 minutes for apples
Easy Apple Fritters
1.In a skillet melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add apples and drizzle lemon juice. Let apples simmer until most of the butter is absorbed and apples are tender.
3. Add sugars to apples, stir, lower heat if needed.
4. Let apples cook until sugars are completely dissolved and syrupy. Remove from heat and sprinkle apples with cinnamon. Set aside.
5. In a large pot, heat oil to 375ﹾ.
6. Place dough on clean surface and press down on dough to flatten a little, reserve icing. Sprinkle apples on top and shape into loosely shaped rounds.
7. Drop fritters into oil. Cook for 1 minute, turn and cook for another minute. Continue turning the fritters, cooking on each side for 5-6 minutes.
8. Drain on paper towel lined plate and dress with icing.
Air Fryer directions:
1.Turn air fryer on to 375ﹾ and select "fry option".
2. Repeat step 6.
3. Place fritters into air fryer and cook for 10 minutes, flipping halfway.
4. Once fritters are done, remove from fryer and dress with icing.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jose, ALDI Test Kitchen