30 minutes (plus 45 minutes to rise)
50 minutes (plus 45 minutes to rise)
Southern Gooey Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing
- For the dough: Using a mixer with a dough hook, combine all ingredients until smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Coat a large bowl with cooking spray and gently place the dough inside. Lightly coat the top of the dough with the cooking spray. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- For the filling: In a medium bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add remaining ingredients and mix together into a paste. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and roll into an 18x7-inch rectangle. Spread the filling evenly over the dough. Roll the dough into a log. Seam side down, cut into 12 rolls, about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Transfer the rolls to the prepared baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 15 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake on the center rack for 18-20 minutes, rotating the pan once.
- For the topping: While rolls are baking, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Slowly add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla. Spread the topping over the warm cinnamon rolls once removed from the oven.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen