9 - 10 muffins
Vegan Meyer Lemon Muffins
Light and lemony muffins with bright and tangy frosting.
- Preheat oven to 375° and lightly oil a non-stick muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into the large bowl and use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix until just combined. Fold in the chia seeds. Use a ⅓ cup scoop to scoop the batter.
- Bake 16-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Make the glaze. In a food processor combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, maple syrup and lemon zest. Dollop onto the cooled muffins and sprinkle with chia seeds and lemon zest.
Recipe and image courtesy of @loveandlemons.
Calories 270 Total Fat 14g Sodium 200mg Total Carbohydrate 31g Fiber 2g Sugars 11g Protein 4g