French Toast Crostini with Maple Crème & Fresh Berries
The perfect addition to any brunch!
For the crostini:
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Slice baguette on the bias into ½ -inch slices.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and brown sugar.
- Melt butter in a 12" skillet over medium heat.
- Dip baguette slices into egg mixture until saturated and transfer immediately to skillet. Brown evenly on both sides and transfer to a parchment lined sheet tray. Continue process until all slices of bread are cooked.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until crisp. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
For the berries:
- In a medium bowl, combine berries and sugar. Reserve.
For the maple crème:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese and maple syrup until well combined. Refrigerate.
- To assemble the crostini spoon the maple crème onto crostini and top with a spoonful of mixed berries. Plate and enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, the ALDI Test Kitchen.