Caramel Mocha Scone
A simple homemade treat sure to make your morning sweet!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, stir together cream and coffee. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Blend butter into dry ingredients using a fork or pastry cutter until crumbly. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of the cream mixture and egg. Reserve remaining cream.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix until liquid is absorbed. Add 3/4 cup chopped caramels and continue mixing until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press dough to a 1/2-inch thickness. Form or cut into desired shapes.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced 1/2-inch apart. Brush with reserved cream and sprinkle with remaining chopped caramels. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen