Sweet Potato Sweet Rolls
Perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Boil for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Drain and place in a medium bowl. Remove 1 cup of sweet potato and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add milk and bring to boil. Remove from heat and add ½ cup butter, stir until melted. Mash together with sweet potato. Add egg and mix well. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 ¼ cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Using a hand mixer on low speed, beat sweet potato mixture into dry ingredients. Slowly add remaining 1 cup of flour, mixing well.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, or until smooth. Pat into a ball and cover with a damp towel. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine reserved cup of sweet potato, brown sugar, cinnamon and ¼ cup room temperature butter.
- Roll out dough into a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread sweet potato mixture on top of dough and sprinkle with raisins and pecans.
- Starting at one end, roll dough into a cylinder, pinching the seams together. Cut cylinder into 12 equal sized rolls and place cut side up into prepared pan.
- Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
¾ cup Friendly Farms 2% Milk
¾ cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, divided
1 Goldhen Large Egg
3 ¼ cups Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour, divided
.25 ounces Baker's Corner Active Dry Yeast*
¼ cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
½ teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1 cup Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1 cup Southern Grove Raisins
1 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
1 cup Baker's Corner Powdered Sugar
4 tablespoons Friendly Farms 2% Milk
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
30 minutes (plus 40 minutes to rest)
1 hour, 20 minutes (plus 40 minutes to rest)