Toasted Coconut and Lime Scones
- Heat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and lime zest, toss until well incorporated. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt. Stir in lime zest and sugar mixture.
- Transfer flour mixture to a food processor bowl. Slowly add coconut oil and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add 3/4 cup coconut flakes. Add cream and mix until just moistened. Do not over mix.
- Turn dough onto wax paper. Roll dough to a 1-inch thickness and cut into 14 equal size triangles.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray. Place scones on baking sheet 1-inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and lime juice. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle each scone with icing, sprinkle with coconut flakes. Using a zester, garnish with desired amount of lime zest.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen