Bacon, Spinach and Tomato Mini Quiches
A breakfast take on a classic BLT sandwich.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly coat two 12-cup muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Bring pie crust to room temperature and cut out 24 3-inch rounds. Place pie crust rounds into muffin cups.
- Prick each pie crust with a fork and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Sauté the spinach in batches until wilted, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the spinach, bacon bits, half & half and cheese to the eggs. Stir until well blended. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1½ tablespoons of the egg mixture into each baked pastry shell. Top with the cherry tomatoes and bake for 15 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set. If necessary, cover with foil to prevent overbrowning.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
15 ounces Bake House creations Pie Crusts
1 teaspoon Carlini Vegetable Oil
4.5 ounces Little Salad Bar Flat Leaf Spinach, chopped
4 Goldhen Large Eggs
2.5 ounces Tuscan Garden Real Bacon Bits
1/3 cup Friendly Farms Half & Half
1 cup Happy Farms Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Black Pepper
14 cherry tomatoes, quartered
24 mini quiches