Cast Iron Quiche
Traditional quiche made with bacon, cheddar, green onions and tomatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a cast iron fry pan, cook bacon until crispy. Drain and discard fat. Reserve bacon and cool pan to room temperature.
- Unroll both pie crusts on a flat surface, overlapping one on top of the other by 1 inch. With a rolling pin, roll into a larger circle approximately 1 inch larger than the pan. Transfer to the cast iron fry pan used to cook the bacon. Press evenly into pan and flute edges. Add bacon, tomatoes, cheddar and green onion.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, nutmeg, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown and eggs are set. If crust starts to darken before eggs are set, cover with foil.
- Rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen