Mexican Sweet Potato Toast
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 12 1/4-inch slices. Pierce each slice with a fork. Arrange half of the slices on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Repeat with the remaining slices. In a medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes with vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Bake on a baking sheet for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine black beans, sweet corn, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper to make a salsa. Reserve.
- In a small skillet, cook the chorizo. Drain, if necessary; reserve.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray and heat pan to medium heat. Cook each egg, sunny side up or to desired preference.
- To assemble, spoon chorizo onto the sweet potato slices, followed by black bean and corn salsa. Top with the avocado slices and an egg. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen