Breakfast Taquitos with Avocado Lime Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Combine onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeños, 2 teaspoons salt, pepper and eggs. Sauté for 5 minutes or until eggs are cooked completely. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg mixture, chorizo, 1/4 cup cilantro and cheeses. Toss to combine.
- Add 2 tablespoons mixture to one end of tortilla. Roll tortilla tightly and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add taquitos and fry for 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, rotating every few minutes.
- Remove toothpicks and transfer taquitos to a small baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes to ensure cheese is fully melted.
- In a food processor, combine avocados, sour cream, lime juice and remaining 2 teaspoons of salt. Pulse until smooth. Drizzle sauce over taquitos. Garnish with green onions and remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.
TIP: Complete steps 1 through 5 to save time in the morning. Store taquitos on baking sheet, refrigerate overnight and pop in the oven for a quick breakfast!
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen