Baked French Toast with Orange
A light citrus flavor envelopes this casserole and the granola adds a great crunch! Make the day before and refrigerate overnight. Serve with sausage patties and top with syrup.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Layer the pan with slices of toasted bread.
- Whisk together eggs, creamer, orange juice, sugars, spices, vanilla, orange zest and juice.
- Pour mixture over bread, making sure it covers all pieces. Press down gently, if needed.
- Mix butter and granola together, then spread over top.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate overnight.
- Let bake come to room temperature, remove plastic cover and bake for 60 minutes, covered in foil.
- Remove foil and bake for 15-30 minutes until casserole bounces back when touched and a toothpick comes out clean. Top should be golden brown.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
16 ounces L'oven Fresh Sandwich Bread – any flavor, toasted
4 Goldhen Large Eggs
24 ounces Friendly Farms Hazelnut Coffee Creamer
8 ounces Nature's Nectar Orange Juice
1/4 cup Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Nutmeg*
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla
1 orange, zested and juiced
2 cups Millville All Natural Granola*
1/2 cup Countryside Creamery Butter, softened
Carlini Cooking spray
*These are Special Buy items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
1 hour to 1 hour, 30 minutes
1 hour, 10 minutes to 1 hour, 40 minutes