Baked French Toast with Orange
A light citrus flavor envelopes this casserole and the granola adds a great crunch! Make the day before and refrigerate overnight. Serve with sausage patties and top with syrup.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut bread into bite sized pieces. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, half and half, orange juice, sugars, spices, vanilla, orange zest and juice. Stir in bread and toss to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Combine granola and butter and spread over top of mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350˚, remove cover and let bake come to room temperature.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen