Forget the dessert, breakfast in bed is the perfect Valentine’s Day!
- Preheat griddle to 400°.
- Combine milk and 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a small bowl to create buttermilk. Let sit for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, lemon zest, raspberries and syrup. Cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Reserve and keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, baking mix, egg, sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Coat griddle with cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter onto griddle. Cook until bubbles form on surface, flip and cook for 1 minute or until insides are cooked through.
- Serve pancakes with warm raspberry syrup.
TIP: Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart shape from cooked pancakes. Sprinkle powdered sugar over pancakes for extra sweetness.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Audrey, ALDI Test Kitchen