Oatmeal Apple Pancakes
- Preheat large skillet or griddle (about 375°).
- In a blender, pulse the oats until they resemble fine crumbs. Add the corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pulse until combined.
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk and vinegar. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk mixture, egg, vegetable oil and syrup to the blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a medium bowl.
- Coat the skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Dip an apple slice into the batter and lay in pan. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges begin to dry. Flip and repeat cooking time.
- Serve on the go or at home with syrup.
TIP: For a twist, add ½ teaspoon cinnamon to the dry ingredients in the blender.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey, ALDI Test Kitchen