ALDI Go'Braugh Cupcakes
Sweet and citrusy cupcakes! A lucky treat!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Drain pineapple juice into a medium bowl. Add cake mix, oil and eggs. Mix for 3 minutes, stir in orange zest.
- In a medium bowl, toss drained crushed pineapple with 10 drops of green food coloring and fold into cake batter.
- Fill muffin tins halfway and bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium bowl, cream together orange juice, butter, vanilla, shortening and sugar.
- Divide frosting into two separate bowls. Add 10 drops of green food coloring to one bowl and mix together to create green frosting.
- In a piping bag, fill one side with white and one side with green to create a swirl effect.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes in an upward swirl motion.
- Mix coconut flakes with water and 10 drops of food coloring; sprinkle over frosted cupcakes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen