Baked Apple and Raspberry Upside Down Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat an 8-inch round pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment cut to fit the bottom of the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons melted butter and brown sugar. Mix until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle on the bottom of prepared pan.
- In a single layer, toward the outer most edge of the pan, fan apple slices. Place a ring of raspberries inside the ring of apples. Create another fanned layer of apples, then fill the center of the ring with remaining raspberries.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, milk and 1/2 cup melted butter. Fold in the walnuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert the pan onto a plate. Carefully peel off the parchment. Serve warm.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey, ALDI Test Kitchen