17 minutes (plus 10 minutes to cool)
27 minutes (plus 10 minutes to cool)
Number of Servings:
Breakfast Strawberry Shortcake
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk egg with water. Place biscuits on baking sheet according to package instructions.
- Brush with egg wash, and sprinkle one tablespoon of sugar over biscuits. Bake 13-17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries, remaining 5 tablespoons sugar and half of the orange zest. Reserve.
- Remove biscuits from oven and allow to cool. Split and fill with whipped topping and sugared strawberries.
- Top with additional whipped topping and strawberries. Garnish with remaining orange zest.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Trevor, ALDI Test Kitchen