Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 6-inch springform pan (or a 6-inch cake pan lined with foil) with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, process the granola to form fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse to combine. Press mixture into prepared springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes and cool.
- In the same food processor, combine the sugar, salt, cream cheese, hazelnut spread, eggs and sour cream. Process until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl once. Pour mixture over the granola crust, smooth out the top.
- Place the cake pan inside a 9x9-inch baking dish. Pour hot water into the baking dish to come 1½ -2 inches up the sides of the cake pan, then place in the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until center is set. Chill completely in the refrigerator before removing from the pan.
- To garnish, top with chopped hazelnut wafers. Cut the hazelnut wafer rolls to ½-inch taller than the cheesecake height. Stand them around the perimeter of the cheesecake, pressing into the sides of the cake to adhere. Tie a piece of ribbon or kitchen twine around the cake to secure the wafer rolls.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Chef Brigitte Nguyen and Serious Eats