Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Coat a round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to packaging instructions. Reserve.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter together with sugars and cinnamon. Add flour, mix until just combined. Mixture should be crumbly.
- Fold 3/4 cup of sugar mixture into cake batter.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared cake pan. Unroll 3 cinnamon rolls. Starting from the edge, lay them on top of the batter, making a spiral towards the center of the cake pan. Pour another 1/3 of the batter over the cake. Repeat with 3 more cinnamon rolls, top with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture on top of the cake. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 3-5 minutes. In a microwave, heat the icing packet for 15 seconds and drizzle over the top of the cake.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Scott, ALDI Test Kitchen