20 minutes (plus 1 hour and 40 minutes to cool and chill)
1 hour, 50 minutes
2 hours, 10 minutes (plus 1 hour and 40 minutes to cool and chill)
Are you a fan of rich, creamy desserts? Look no further than this Classic Cheesecake recipe. This delectable dessert is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth with its smooth texture and sweet flavor.
To start, preheat your oven to 325 degrees and prepare a springform pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine crushed Benton’s original vanilla sandwich cookies with melted unsalted butter. Press this mixture evenly into the bottom and part way up the sides of the prepared pan.
Next, it's time to create the rich filling for your cheesecake. Using a mixer, beat three 8-ounce packages of cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Slowly add granulated sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, sour cream and heavy whipping cream. Beat on low speed until fully incorporated. Add large egg yolk and eggs, one at a time, beating until fully incorporated.
Once your filling is ready, pour it over the crust in the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is partially set. Turn off the oven and allow the cake to rest in the oven for 1 hour. This slow cooling process will help prevent cracks from forming in your cheesecake.
After an hour, remove the cake from the oven and place it on a cooling rack for an additional hour. Then, transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator and let it cool for 40 minutes until ready to serve. When you're ready to serve, run a knife along the inside edge of the pan and carefully remove the cheesecake.
One of the great things about this classic cheesecake recipe is that you can make it in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to three days. This is perfect for parties and events, as it allows you to prepare your dessert ahead of time and focus on other tasks when the big day arrives.
With its smooth and creamy texture, tangy lemon flavor and crisp cookie crust, this classic cheesecake recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. Plus, the addition of lemon zest and juice gives this cheesecake a light, refreshing taste that's perfect for spring and summer.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Prepare a springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cookies and butter. Press evenly into the bottom and part way up the sides of the springform pan.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Slowly add sugar, vanilla, lemon zest, lemon juice, sour cream and heavy cream. Beat on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Add egg yolk and eggs, one at a time, beating until fully incorporated.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for 50 minutes or until center is partially set. Turn off oven and allow cake to rest in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from oven and place on a cooling rack for 1 hour. Place in refrigerator and cool for 40 minutes until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, run a knife along the inside edge of the pan and carefully remove the cheesecake from pan.
TIP: Make cheesecake in advance to allow proper cooling and setting. Cake will hold for 3 days in refrigerator.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen