15 minutes (plus 1 hour to chill)
1 hour, 10 minutes (plus 1 hour to chill)
12 cake pops
Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake Pops
- Prepare quick bread according to package instructions, omitting the cinnamon streusel and topping. Allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, crumble bread and combine with pudding mix.
- In a food processor, puree strawberries, strawberry preserves, milk and food coloring until smooth.
- Add liquid mixture to crumbled cake mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture, form into a heart, insert wooden skewer into heart and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate until smooth.
- Dip each heart in chocolate and return to parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Melt milk chocolate bar in the microwave. Drizzle melted chocolate over hearts.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kevin, ALDI Test Kitchen