- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the cake mix with water, oil and egg whites according to the package directions.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cake batter in each cup. Place 1 teaspoon of pie filling in the center of the batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the marshmallow crème and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, whip until smooth and spreadable. Frost the cupcakes with the marshmallow frosting.
- Place one cherry in the center of the cupcake, and top with a dot of black icing in the middle of the cherry. Using the leftover cherry gel, add red lines to the frosting with a toothpick.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey, ALDI Test Kitchen