40 minutes (plus 50 minutes to chill)
1 hour, 8 minutes (plus 50 minutes to chill)
Game Day Cupcakes
A fun and easy game day treat!
- For the footballs: Follow the first 2 steps of the Crispy Peanut Butter Bombs recipe and divide into 24 balls.
- Shape into footballs and continue with remaining 2 steps of recipe. Reserve.
- For the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 12-cup muffin pans with liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and brownie mix. Add water, oil, eggs and chocolate morsels. Stir until well blended.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pans. Bake cupcakes for 28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting: Transfer 1/3 cup of frosting to a piping bag and reserve.
- Combine the remaining frosting with green food coloring to desired color. Set aside.
- Using a small offset spatula, frost each cupcake with the green frosting, leveling the top if necessary.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of the piping bag. Draw yard lines and numbers on the cupcakes.
- Decorate each football with laces. Place one football on each of the cupcakes.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen