30 minutes (bake time of cake)
Number of Servings:
24 cake pops
Heart Shaped Truffle Cake Pops
- Preheat oven to 365°.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Allow to cool.
- Slice 1/4 of the cake, crumble and spread crumbs on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes to dry the crumbs.
- In a food processor, blend together Connelly's cream, Neufchatel, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, crumble 1/2 of the remaining cake. Add the Neufchatel mixture and combine thoroughly. Using a tablespoon, scoop mixture onto the palm of your hand, flatten mixture, place a 1/4 teaspoon of the chopped truffle in center of the mixture and form mixture into a shape of a heart, around truffle. Repeat. Insert candy skewers. Chill for 10 minutes.
- In two separate microwave-safe bowls, melt milk and white chocolate pieces for 30 seconds each, stir and microwave for additional 30 seconds each. Stir until smooth.
- Dip each cake pop in one melted chocolate and drizzle with the other. Place on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with cake crumbs and your favorite sprinkles or toppings. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to set chocolate.
Tip: The addition of chopped pralines or any nut, to the cake pop mixture, will add great texture.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Tricia, ALDI Test Kitchen