Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with a Pretzel Pecan Crust
Handheld pumpkin cheesecakes with a sweet and salty crust topped with a maple spiced whipped cream.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a food processor, combine pretzels, pecans and 2 tablespoons sugar. Blend to a fine mixture. Add melted butter and blend until combined.
- Line 2 12-cup muffin tins with liners, divide pretzel mixture evenly among cups (about 2 teaspoons). Press down to form a crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese and remaining ¾ cup sugar for 5 minutes. Scrape down the bowl and add pumpkin, eggs, salt, 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Blend until combined.
- Evenly distribute pumpkin filling among muffin cups and bake for 30-35 minutes, until filling is set.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine heavy cream, maple syrup, remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla and remaining ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe whipped cream onto each cake and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Linsey, ALDI Test Kitchen