Pistachio Almond Torte with Raspberry Sauce
- In a medium bowl, add the almonds. Cover with hot water and allow almonds to soak until soft, at least 30 minutes. Drain, reserve.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a blender, combine dates, apricots, eggs, egg whites and avocado. Blend until only small pieces remain, approximately 2-4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, pistachios, egg mixture, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Coat an 8-inch round baking pan or springform pan with cooking spray, pour in mixture and bake until top is golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven, let cool.
- In a small pot over medium heat, add raspberries and water. Gently mash raspberries until a sauce forms, remove from heat, strain if desired. Pour warm sauce over cooled cake.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen