3 hours,15 minutes
3 hour, 45 minutes
Pumpkin Slow Cooker Cake and Caramel Sauce
If you’re looking for a new dessert to show your friends and family, you’ve come to the right place. This Pumpkin Slow Cooker Cake and Caramel Sauce is the ultimate dessert for those craving a sweet treat this fall.
Start by coating a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray to prevent sticking. In a large bowl, whisk together water, vegetable oil, eggs, 1 cup of pumpkin pie mix and the cake mix for about 2 minutes.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared slow cooker. Place a towel or paper napkin over the top of the slow cooker bowl, and then cover it with the lid. Cook on high heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes. After this initial high-heat cooking, switch the temperature to low and continue cooking for another hour and 30 minutes.
Once the cake has finished cooking, prepare the caramel drizzle by combining the caramel topping with the remaining 1/2 cup of pumpkin pie mix and heating the mixture in the microwave for a few seconds.
In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together the crushed graham crackers, chopped pecans and melted butter.
When you’re ready to serve the cake, drizzle the warm caramel-pumpkin mixture over the top, and generously sprinkle the graham cracker pecan crumble to finish it off. You can even add a scoop of ice cream for more sweetness and creaminess.
Bring out this Pumpkin Slow Cooker Cake recipe to your next holiday festivity or potluck and watch it become everyone’s favorite dessert.
1. Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine water, oil, eggs, 1 cup of pumpkin pie mix, and cake mix. Mix for 2 minutes.
3. Pour batter into slow cooker. Place a towel or paper napkin over bowl and cover with lid. Cook on high for 1 hour and 30 minutes. After cooking on high, set temperature to low and cook for another hour and 30 minutes.
4. Once the cake has finished cooking, combine the caramel topping and remaining 1/2 cup of pumpkin pie mix. Microwave until warm and drizzle over cake.
5. In a medium bowl combine graham crackers, pecans and butter. Mix well and sprinkle crumble over cake, slice and serve.
Tip: Serve with ice cream
Recipe courtesy of Chef Javier,
ALDI Test Kitchen