3 hours, 30 minutes (plus 20 minutes to set)
3 hours, 35 minutes (plus 20 minutes to set)
Slow Cooker Pecan Pumpkin Spice Latte Spoon Cake
Ring in the Fall season with this Slow Cooker Pecan Pumpkin Spice Latte Spoon Cake recipe, a perfect fall dessert that combines the warm flavors of pumpkin, pecans and coffee in a luscious and moist cake. With the convenience of a slow cooker, you can easily whip up this delightful treat that will wow your taste buds and impress your guests.
The key to this indulgent dessert is the combination of simple yet flavorful ingredients. You'll need yellow cake mix, 100% pure canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, large eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, regular instant coffee, chopped pecans, unsalted butter and whipped topping. These ingredients come together to create a rich and decadent cake that's perfect for any autumn occasion.
To start, coat your 6-quart slow cooker with butter cooking spray to prevent the cake from sticking. In a medium bowl, you'll add the cake mix, reserving 1/3 cup for later. Then, you'll whisk together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and instant coffee until well combined. This mixture is the heart of the cake, infusing it with the warm and aromatic flavors of pumpkin and coffee.
Next, transfer the pumpkin batter to the prepared slow cooker and sprinkle the reserved cake mix and pecans over the top. Drizzle with melted unsalted butter, which adds a rich and buttery flavor to the cake. To prevent condensation from dripping onto the cake, place a layer of paper towels under the lid of the slow cooker.
Now it's time to let the slow cooker work its magic. Turn it to high for 1 hour, then reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for 2-2.5 hours. A toothpick inserted in the center of the cake should come out semi-clean, indicating that the cake is moist and perfectly cooked. The aroma of pumpkin, pecans and coffee will fill your kitchen, creating an inviting and cozy atmosphere.
Once the cake is done, remove the lid and turn off the heat. Allow it to set for 20 minutes before serving. The anticipation will build as you see the cake firm up and the flavors meld together. When it's time to dig in, serve the cake warm with a dollop of friendly farms whipped topping and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice for that extra touch of fall-inspired goodness.
This slow cooker pecan pumpkin spice latte spoon cake is the ultimate dessert for pumpkin lovers and coffee enthusiasts alike. The combination of pumpkin, pecans and coffee creates a harmonious and comforting flavor profile that's perfect for the crisp and cozy days of autumn. Whether you're enjoying it as a treat for yourself or serving it at a gathering, this cake is sure to be a hit with its moist texture, rich flavors and delightful aroma. So, grab your slow cooker and get ready to indulge in this scrumptious fall dessert that's sure to become a seasonal favorite.
- Coat a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add cake mix. Remove 1/3 cup and reserve.
- Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and instant coffee and whisk until combined. Transfer to prepared slow cooker. Sprinkle reserved cake mix and pecans over batter and drizzle with melted butter.
- Place a layer of paper towels under the lid to help prevent condensation from dripping onto your cake. Turn slow cooker to high for 1 hour, then reduce to heat to low and continue cooking for 2-2.5 hours. A toothpick inserted in the center will come out semi-clean, but the cake should still be moist.
- Remove lid and turn off heat. Allow to set for 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm with whipped topping and a dash of pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
Tip: If using a larger slow cooker, reduce time by 30 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen