Strawberry Oatmeal Cakes
These not-too-sweet cakes are bursting with strawberries and cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, ½ cup yogurt and water. In a medium bowl, combine cornbread mix, oats and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Use a fork to stir and break apart any lumps. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in 1 ½ cups strawberries.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Gently press mixture down into cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely inside the muffin tin.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup yogurt, whipped topping and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Top each cake with yogurt topping and remaining strawberries. Garnish with a dash of cinnamon, if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
Carlini Cooking Spray
1 Goldhen Large Egg
1 cup Friendly Farms Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt, divided
¼ cup water
8.5 ounces Jiffy Cornbread Mix
½ cup Millville Quick Oats
1 ¼ teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon, divided
2 cups sliced strawberries, divided
1 cup Fit & Active Whipped Topping, thawed
10 minutes (plus 30 minutes to cool)
25 minutes (plus 30 minutes to cool)