Chocolate Hazelnut Whoopie Pies
A hazelnut/peanut butter-filled chocolate bite.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add the eggs and one teaspoon of vanilla, mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda, salt, flour and baking cocoa. At low speed, stir into the creamed mixture until smooth.
- For the bottom half of the sandwich, drop 25 balls of the dough by tablespoon, 1-inch apart onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and slightly flatten the bottom with a spatula. Cool on a rack.
- For the top half, make 25 balls. Dip one side of each ball into the almond slices and place 1-inch apart onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Bake 7-8 minutes. Cool on a rack.
- For the filling: cream together the peanut butter, hazelnut spread, remaining vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Whip in the heavy cream.
- Place the mixture into a gallon zip bag. Squeeze the mixture to one corner, then cut a 1/4-inch tip off the corner of the bag. Pipe one tablespoon of filling on each of the bottom cookie halves.
- Top with almond-covered half of cookie. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Michelle,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Baker’s Corner Brown Sugar
2 Goldhen Large Eggs
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla, divided
1 teaspoon Baker's Corner Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
2 cups Baker’s Corner All Purpose Flour
1 cup Baker’s Corner Baking Cocoa*
3/4 cup Southern Grove Sliced Almonds
1 1/2 cups Peanut Delight Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Berryhill Hazelnut Spread
3/4 cup Baker’s Corner Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup Friendly Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.