Guilt-Free Black Bean Brownie Truffles
These dairy-free, gluten-free little bites packed with protein, fiber and flavor are easy enough for a weekday snack and elegant enough for a dinner party.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl, stir together flax seeds and water, let sit 5 minutes or until mixture thickens to an egg-like consistency.
- In a blender, combine flax "eggs," black beans, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, baking powder and ¼ cup coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
- Coat a 9x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from oven, let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate and remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Heat in microwave 30 seconds at a time until chocolate is fully melted; stir well. Reserve.
- On a separate baking sheet, divide brownies into 20 equal size squares and roll into balls. Dip in melted chocolate, roll in chopped pepitas and berries. Chill until chocolate hardens, about 20-30 minutes.
- Using a spoon or spatula, swirl remaining melted chocolate on bottom of serving platter. Place truffles on top. Garnish plate with pomegranate seeds (optional).
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen