Trick or Treat Monkey Bread
A perfect way to utilize all your leftover Halloween candy!
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter, milk and water. Heat to 155°. Stir in yeast and ¼ cup sugar. Reserve.
- Preheat oven to 175°.
- Using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, combine flour and salt and mix on lowest setting.
- Slowly add milk mixture. Increase speed to medium and mix for 7 minutes.
- Place oil in a large glass bowl, use paper towel to grease the bottom and sides.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 2 minutes. Roll the dough into a ball and place in glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place bowl in oven and turn off oven. Let rise for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unwrap mini candy bars and cut larger bars in half to a ½ or ¾-inch size. Reserve.
- Grease a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar with brown sugar. Reserve.
- Once dough has doubled in size. Roll out onto a lightly floured surface to an 8x8-inch square. Cut into 30 pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a candy bar in the middle of each piece of dough and roll into a ball. Dip in remaining ½ cup melted butter. Roll in sugar mixture and place in Bundt pan.
- Pour any remaining butter or sugar mixture on top and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and invert onto a platter.
- Let cool 5 minutes and serve.
Tip: Spray dough hook with cooking spray for ease of use.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen