Black Velvet Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Mini cakes filled with pumpkin cream cheese filling.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream together 1 stick butter, brown sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add egg and cocoa and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add milk, vinegar, sour cream and black food coloring. Stir until color is even.
- On a greased baking sheet, drop tablespoonfuls of batter 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the filling: Cream together remaining butter, remaining vanilla, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin. Add powdered sugar and fully incorporate, then add yellow and red food coloring and stir until color is even.
- Remove ½ cup of filling and reserve.
- Evenly distribute filling onto the flat side of 18 cookies. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches. Decorate tops with the reserved filling.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Alyssa, ALDI Test Kitchen