15 minutes (plus 30 minutes to cool)
25 minutes (plus 30 minutes to cool)
Campfire S'mores Crispy Treats
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare an 8x8-inch baking dish by rubbing the butter wrapper along the edges and bottom.
- In a medium pot, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Pour into a small bowl.
- Finely crush the graham crackers. Add 1 cup of crushed graham crackers and the sugar to the melted butter and stir to combine. Press in the prepared baking dish firmly. Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove graham cracker crust from oven and top with 3/4 of the chopped chocolate. As the chocolate starts to melt, gently spread evenly over the crust. Reserve.
- In a large bowl, add cereal and remaining crushed graham crackers.
- In a medium pot, brown the remaining stick of butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add 1 bag of marshmallows, stirring until fully melted and combined. Remove from heat and pour over cereal mixture, stirring to combine. Transfer mixture to the baking dish and press evenly.
- Cut the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows in thirds and add to crispy treats. Turn the oven to broil and toast the tops of the marshmallows until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 1/4 chopped chocolate. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
Tip #1: Lightly wet hand with water to keep from sticking when pressing down the crispy treats.
Tip #2: Watch the marshmallows carefully as they will burn quickly.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen