1 hour, 15 minutes
Chocolate Almond Butter Oatmeal Bars
A mix of old-fashioned oats, ground flaxseed for fiber and omega-3s, pure maple syrup, and plenty of almond butter. Slightly sweet, nutty and oh-so-satisfying.
- Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper going both ways.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, flax and salt. Add almond butter and maple syrup, stirring until combined.
- Spoon dough into lined baking dish and, using wet hands, press mixture evenly into dish.
- Place chocolate chips and almond butter in a small bowl. Melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto bars and use a rubber spatula to spread evenly. Top with crushed almonds. Place dish in freezer and freeze for about an hour, or until chocolate is hardened.
- Slice into 16 bars. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe and image courtesy of @hummusapien.