- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mixing on low speed, add the flour to the butter mixture, 1 ½ cups at a time, mixing until completely combined.
- Flatten the dough into a disc shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll the dough about ½-inch thick and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 12 minutes. Let cool completely. Decorate with your favorite icing, if desired.
Recipe Created by Stacey W.,
ALDI Holiday Cookie Contest Cut Out Cookie Recipe Winner