45 minutes (plus 2 hours to chill)
57 minutes (plus 2 hours to chill)
4-6 dozen cookies
Are you ready to make some delicious Christmas cookies? With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a batch of these tasty treats that are perfect for the holiday season.
Start by softening 2 cups of unsalted butter and creaming it together with 3 ½ cups of granulated sugar and 2 ½ teaspoons of pure vanilla in a stand mixer until the mixture is fluffy. Next, add in 4 large eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
In a medium bowl, combine 6 cups of all-purpose flour with 1 teaspoon each of Baker's Corner baking powder and iodized salt. Mix well, then gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, about 1 ½ cups at a time, mixing until completely combined.
Next, shape the dough into a disc and wrap it in plastic wrap, then refrigerate it for 2 hours. Preheat your oven to 350°, and roll the chilled dough out to about ½-inch thick. Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 minutes, until the cookies are just beginning to turn golden brown. Let them cool completely before decorating with your favorite icing. And there you have it, a simple and delicious recipe for Christmas cookies that's sure to be a hit with everyone!
- Using a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mixing on low speed, add the flour to the butter mixture, 1 ½ cups at a time, mixing until completely combined.
- Flatten the dough into a disc shape, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Roll the dough about ½-inch thick and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets for 12 minutes. Let cool completely. Decorate with your favorite icing, if desired.
Recipe Created by Stacey W.,
ALDI Holiday Cookie Contest Cut Out Cookie Recipe Winner