Classic Sugar Cookies
A Classic Sugar Cookie recipe, delicious when topped with cream cheese frosting, berries, or your favorite sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, blend together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk, blend well. Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Cut dough into thirds and work with only 1/3 at a time, keeping the rest refrigerated.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2-inch thick. Flour cookie cutters before pressing shapes into dough.
- Arrange cookies on prepared cookie sheets, about 1/2-inch apart, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- For frosting, cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla with hand mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well to incorporate.
- Frost cookies once cooled, and decorate as desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates, ALDI Test Kitchen