Coconut Crusted Lemon Bars
Mild lemon filling accompanied by a coconut and almond crust.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, process the almonds and coconut until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond mixture, butter, agave nectar and 1 egg white, discarding the yolk. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the crust mixture into the dish, pressing firmly to compact. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat remaining 2 eggs until frothy. Add the honey, beat 1 minute. Add the lemon zest, juice, baking powder and corn starch. Beat for 2 minutes more. Pour over hot crust, return to oven for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Cut into 12 bars. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey,
ALDI Test Kitchen