Grandma's Sugar Cookies
A classic no-fail recipe, delicious when topped with cream cheese frosting.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, blend together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk, blend well. Refrigerate mixture overnight.
- Cut dough into thirds and work with only 1/3 at a time, keeping the rest refrigerated.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/2-inch thick. Flour cookie cutters before pressing shapes into dough.
- Arrange cookies on prepared cookie sheets, about 1/2-inch apart, and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- For frosting, cream together cream cheese, butter and vanilla with hand mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar and mix well to incorporate.
- Frost cookies once cooled, and decorate as desired.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Kates,
ALDI Test Kitchen
3 1/2 cups Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
2 1/2 teaspoons Baker's Corner Baking Powder*
1/2 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Iodized Salt
2/3 cup Countryside Creamery Butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Baker's Corner Granulated Sugar
2 Goldhen Large Eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla
4 teaspoons Friendly Farms 2% Milk
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 8-ounce packages Happy Farms Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, softened
2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla
5-6 cups Baker's Corner Powdered Sugar
*These are Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.
1 hour (plus 24 hours to chill)
1 hour, 10 minutes (plus 24 hours to chill)
6 dozen cookies