Honey Almond Spice Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, almonds, ginger, cinnamon and lemon zest. Process until almonds are finely ground.
- Sift the flour mixture with the baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter and honey until the butter is melted and the honey is heated through.
- Mix the honey mixture with the flour mixture until well combined, allow to cool.
- Using a tablespoon, drop balls of cookie mixture 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until cookies have risen and are golden brown.
- Transfer cookies onto a wire cooling rack.
- For the icing, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Dip the cookies in the icing and allow to set.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jonathan,
ALDI Test Kitchen
1 3/4 cup Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Southern Grove Slivered Almonds
1 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Ginger*
1/2 tablespoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon Baker's Corner Baking Powder*
1/2 teaspoon Baker's Corner Baking Soda
3 ounces Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup Berryhill Honey
1 cup Baker's Corner Powdered Sugar
2 tablespoon Friendly Farms 2% Milk
*These are Special Buy or Seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time and may no longer be available.