Shamrockin’ Whoopie Pies
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For the cookie: In a large mixing bowl, mix all dry ingredients together. Add all wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Place half of the batter in a piping bag. Pipe shamrock shapes onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cake springs back after lightly pressing the top. Allow to cool completely before filling.
- Choose a filling and combine all its ingredients in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Fill a piping bag with the filling, reserve.
- To assemble, turn half of the cookies over and pipe with filling. Top with remaining cookies and enjoy!
TIP: In order to get uniform whoopie pies, use a shamrock cookie cutter and trace around it on a piece of parchment paper. Turn the paper ink side down and pipe the batter onto it, using the outline you've traced.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Leigh An, ALDI Test Kitchen