15 minutes (plus 10 minutes to cool)
43 minutes (plus 10 minutes to cool)
S’more Brownie Sandwich Bars
Embark on a delightful journey with S’more Brownie Sandwich Bars. These treats artfully weave together the warmth of campfire memories with the indulgence of a gourmet dessert.
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°. Ready two 8x8-inch pans with a light spray of cooking spray and a lining of parchment paper, ensuring a smooth release later on. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brownie mix, egg, oil and water until you have a silky batter. Pour this mixture into your pans, spreading it with care to ensure evenness.
As they bake for 18 minutes, the inviting aroma will hint at the deliciousness to come. Once baked, grant them a brief 5-minute cool down.
Now, the layering begins. On one brownie base, sprinkle 2 cups of marshmallows, creating a soft, pillowy layer. Add graham crackers for that unmistakable s'more crunch, and top with another 2 cups of marshmallows. The second brownie layer then takes its place on top, pressing gently to form a sandwich. Don't forget to peel away its parchment.
Cover your creation with foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Once done, allow a momentary cool down, then press gently, ensuring the layers meld together. Carefully lift the brownie sandwich from its pan, remove the last parchment layer and slice into 18 mini bars.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two 8x8-inch pans with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir brownie mix, egg, oil and water until well blended.
- Transfer half of the batter to each of the prepared pans and spread evenly.
- Bake the brownies for 18 minutes.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of marshmallows to the top of one pan of brownies, followed by a layer of graham crackers.
- Add remaining 2 cups marshmallows on top of the graham crackers. Flip the other brownie onto the layers and gently press.
- Remove the parchment from the bottom of the brownie. Cover pan with foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then gently press down on the layers to help the layer stick together.
- Carefully remove brownie from the pan and remove the other layer of parchment.
- Cut in 18 mini bars.
TIP: When cutting the bars, spray your knife with cooking spray to help prevent the marshmallows from sticking.
Recipe courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen