Soft Christmas Biscotti
Mild and sweet flavor with a crispy crunch! Takes patience, but well worth it.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, sugar, almond extract and eggs.
- In a separate large bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix until incorporated. Stir in chopped Andes mints.
- Chill for 10 minutes.
- Place parchment paper on a standard cookie sheet. Divide dough in half. Form dough into a log about 8 inches long. Press into a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until firm.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- When cool to the touch, slice into 1/4 inch diagonal slices. Place on a cookie sheet and return to oven. Bake for 10 minutes on each side. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Melt almond bark and remaining Andes mints in a small bowl in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Dip the sides of the cooled biscotti in almond bark and decorate with sprinkles. Lay biscotti decorated side up to cool, 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen