10 minutes (plus 3 hours to chill)
25 minutes (plus 3 hours to chill)
Strawberry Pretzel Bars
An old-fashioned party staple.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray an 8x8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pretzels, butter, coconut oil and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the Neufachâtel and ¼ cup sugar. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread this layer on the pretzel layer. Refrigerate while preparing the gel layer.
- Add enough water to the mandarin orange juice to make 1¼ cups of liquid. Pour in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add gelatin, whisk thoroughly. Mix in cranberry sauce, whisking until thoroughly incorporated. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Add the mandarin oranges to the chilled gelatin mixture, spread on cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for an additional 1 hour and 30 minutes or more, until the gelatin has set completely. Cut into squares.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Stacey, ALDI Test Kitchen