20 minutes (plus 1 hour to refrigerate and 20-40 minutes to freeze)
45 minutes (plus 1 hour to refrigerate and 20-40 minutes to freeze)
Peach Coconut Oil Nondairy Ice Cream
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over low to medium heat. Add the peaches, brown sugar and vanilla. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add the almond milk, stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Gradually add the blended mixture in small batches, whisking until smooth.
- Return the custard to the saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the custard is cool.
- Pour the custard into an ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer's directions to chill the custard to an ice cream consistency.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Michelle, ALDI Test Kitchen