A simple and wonderful dessert that warms the heart in the chilly evening.
Great with vanilla ice cream.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Core apples 1/2 inch from bottom and 3/4 inch wide.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and raisins and stuff into apples.
- Top each apple with butter and place in a baking dish.
- Add boiling water to pan and bake covered for 30-40 minutes.
- Baste apples with liquid on bottom of pan and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Alyssa,
ALDI Test Kitchen
4 baking apples, such as Golden Delicious
1/4 cup Baker's Corner Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Stonemill Essentials Ground Cinnamon
1/4 cup Southern Grove Chopped Pecans
1/4 cup Southern Grove Raisins, chopped
4 tablespoons Countryside Creamery Butter
3/4 cup boiling water