Honey Wrapped Pears
Honey poached pears wrapped in flaky pastry.
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the pears, then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar and honey; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Once the sugar has dissolved, add the pears, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks, cloves and vanilla. Simmer until the pears are fork tender, about 30 minutes.
- Once the pears are tender, remove from heat and allow to cool. Simmer the poaching liquid until reduced to ½ cup.
- Cut crescent roll dough into ½-inch strips and wrap around pears, starting at the base and working up to the top. Place pears on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with a drizzle of the reduction.
Recipe Courtesy of ALDI Test Kitchen